Click on the Tabs Below to Learn More About Each Phase!
Dune Doctors is a Pensacola, Florida based company familiar with the risk of storm-related damage, and routinely works with clients to create a proactive storm resiliency plan before the next storm hits.
Owner, Frederique Beroset says, “Most Floridians would not think to wait until the day before a storm to fuel their car or buy supplies; so in the same way, waiting to react after a storm is just as costly.” Since the cost of insurance and the related deductibles has steadily increased over past storm seasons, people are understanding the heightened need to include a long-term Dune Master Plan™ in their storm preparations. Not only is a proactive approach to a resilient dune ecosystem good for the protection of a property it also improves the aesthetics for visitors to the beach.
…is the quickest improvement to enhance aesthetics and is typically the least expensive dune resiliency option for our clients. It is the foundation for all other elements of the Dune Master Plan™, therefore we call it Phase 1.
How is Phase 1 performed?
DUNE DOCTORS WILL:
- Evaluate the current health of the ecosystem
- Remove invasive and dead vegetation
- Clear unwanted trash and debris
- Apply specially formulated dune-specific fertilizer (if needed)
- Install restoration signage to prevent trespassing
- Recommend appropriate steps for dune management and property protection
What does Phase 1 success look like?
THE CLIENT CAN EXPECT:
- A root system in the core of the dune that is deeper, stronger and more resilient to surge
- A healthier ecosystem that promotes native species
- A reduction in risk from fire and pests due to a reduction in dead vegetation
- A safer space for visitors by removing hazardous trash and debris
- A more vibrant and aesthetically pleasing dune with plants eager to propagate
- A clearly defined area that encourages restoration and protection by visitors
- A dedicated Dune Doctors’ team available to consult or respond as needed
When can Phase 1 occur?
THE BEST TIME IS:
- Preservation can be performed anytime during the year, but because fertilization is involved we encourage clients to schedule well in advance of their perceived need.
Proactive Coastal Resiliency
Developing a line of defense for your property prior to a storm is critical to protecting your investment. We stand ready to partner with you toward a goal of “Proactive Coastal Stewardship.”